Children’s Hospital Helpers Fund
The circumstances of the global pandemic have produced so many reasons to be grateful.
During the coronavirus pandemic, many of you have reached out with words of encouragement and thanks to our medical professionals and essential staff, provided acts of kindness and generosity, and asked how you can help. For that, we are all grateful. Your help is needed now more than ever.
Families always come to us in a very difficult situation, and today their challenges are magnified by this crisis. Under typical circumstances, patient families would rely on others, including neighbors and friends, to help with childcare, transportation, and emotional support while staying in the hospital with their child. In the current world of physical distancing, many families are lacking this critical help, and many in their networks face job loss and financial insecurity as well.
Your donations to the Children’s Hospital Helpers Fund will enable us to deploy fast and flexible support to families and caregivers affected by the pandemic, and aid health services in the communities where the need is greatest.
Urgent needs the Helpers Fund has supported:
- Delivering necessities like food, formula, toiletries, and household items to patients and families in the hospital and in the community
- Providing meals for families during hospitalization, especially when quarantined in room for COVID testing
- Distributing equipment to increase the ability for patient families to participate in telemedicine consultations, connect with family through virtual visits while isolated at the hospital, and access important health resources
- Covering the cost of temporary housing and transportation for families not able to be accommodated at the Ronald McDonald house
- Offering resources such as groceries and restaurant gift cards for those times when preparing meals and shopping for supplies is difficult after exhausting shifts
- Covering the cost of rent or utilities for families with a hospitalized child who are facing extreme economic hardship as a result of the pandemic
As our community continues to focus on addressing this pandemic, the needs of our critically ill and injured patients remain, and our doctors, nurses and other healthcare workers on the front lines need our support.
If you are able to do so, your donation today will help families and caregivers during a time when they need it most and allow them to focus on their child’s treatments and recovery.